Recently, we changed the way packages and libraries and installed on NimbleBox instances.
This was a breaking change and anyone whose project was created before June 1st, 2021 will face the issue of their storage becoming full.
How to know if you’ve been affected? You might have ~0.5GB left on your hard disk after you’ve reset your environment.
If you’re facing this issue, here’s how you can fix it:
- Start your instance using GPU.
- Download this file to your local machine.
- Upload the file from your local machine to your instance through Jupyter or VS Code by clicking on ‘Upload’.
- Once the file is uploaded, open a new Terminal window.
- Navigate to the directory the file is in using the command
- Run the file by typing in the command:
- Allow some time as the instance is upgraded. This may take around 5-10 minutes.
- Once done, restart your instance and it should work flawlessly!
If you have any query on how to fix this, reach out to us by clicking on the ‘Support’ button on the bottom-right corner and starting a conversation.